Happy St. Patty’s Day! While St. Patty’s favorites like corn beef and shepherd’s pie are always huge hits, everyone knows that this holiday is most closely associated with beer. Below, we’ve outlined some of our favorite beer pairings that compliment different cuts of steak. Though steak is amazing on its own, like all things, it is made better when paired with an equally delicious counterpart. Celebrate the luck of the Irish with our delicious beer pairings below.
- Center Cut Filet Mignon
- Filet Mignon pairs great with pale ales such as Blue Moon. Pale ales have a higher portion of pale malts which result in a full flavor with a light finish. This light taste is the perfect counterpart to filet mignons tender, juicy, and deep flavor.
- Porterhouse Steak
- Porterhouse steaks are full of flavor and oh-so-tender. This makes stout beers like Guinness pair perfectly with them. Stout beers are dark and brewed using roasted malt, hops, water and yeast. This gives them a taste that is slightly bitter, yet silky
- Ribeye Steak
- Ribeye Steaks pair great with dark beer’s such as Leffe Brown. Dark beers are slightly sweet, malty, and rich, which taste great with a tender, juicy Ribeye.
- Sirloin Steak
- Pale Ale’s such as Sierra Nevada also go great with Sirloin Steak. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale’s are hoppy with snappy bitterness and fruity citrus notes. These flavors help to cut through the sirloin and make for a well-balanced meal.
- N.Y. Strip Steak
- N.Y. Strip Steaks are classic steaks with a deep, bold flavor. Their perfect pairing is a lager-style beer such as Sam Adams. Lagers are smooth, light, and slightly bitter which taste great with an N.Y Strip.
While these few specific pairings taste delicious together, there are no proper rules to pairing! This process is all about satisfying one’s personal taste, so we encourage you to try new things and come up with some favorite beef and beer pairings of your own!