Red, White, & Stew: The Elite Beef Recipe
Since dining in is delicious, nutritious, and great for your finances, get a few friends together and have a potluck. Get together and break the addiction of dining out! This stew is super warm, hearty, and a recipe that the whole family will love. While this soup tastes like a classic, this is not your regular ole’ beef stew. It's dressed up a bit by using our Elite Black Angus Sirloin Steak and is packed with protein and healthy ingredients. This is the perfect dinner for winter weather and is so comforting while the days are still cold.
Elite Beef Stew
- 3 - 6 oz pieces of Black Angus Filet of Sirloin Steak, cut in cubes.
- Beef Tenderizer
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Medium Onion, large dice
- 1 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Basil
- 3 cups Water
- 4 Small Potatoes, cut in cubes
- 2 cups Baby Carrots, halved
- 1 cup String Beans, halved
- ½ cup Corn
- Sprinkle Beef Cubes with Meat Tenderizer and set aside. Coat a large pot with butter, and "sweat" onions with all seasonings.
- Add the Beef Cubes and allow to brown. Add 3 cups of Water and bring to a boil. Add Potatoes and continue to boil for 2 minutes.
- Add Carrots, stirring occasionally for another 3-4 minutes. Add in String Beans and Corn.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until Potatoes and Beef Cubes are tender and cooked through. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Tip: For a thicker stew add 1/2 to 1 Tbsp Whole Wheat or All Purpose Flour and stir until completely dissolved.