Looking for an egg-cellent Easter brunch recipe? Swap out your traditional crab cake meal for this new spin on breakfast. Today, we have created a Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Sandwich that is perfect for your Easter brunch. While cooking for family and friends can be stressful, this sandwich is a guaranteed home-run. It is hearty, delicious, and incredibly flavorful.
As an added bonus, this sandwich is full of nutritious ingredients. While the crab cakes and egg offer a generous amount of protein, the lettuce, tomato, and pesto provide essential vegetable nutrients. Also, since our crab cakes take very little time to prepare, this sandwich can be assembled the morning of with little to no preparation. If you want to take your Easter brunch to the next level, this sandwich is a must!
Spicy Crab Cake Sandwich with Poached Egg and Salsa Verde
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 Rastelli Crab cakes
- 2 ounces mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 4 slices of tomato (about ½ tomato)
- 2 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 brioche buns toasted
- 2 eggs
- Cook crab cakes according to the package directions.
- While the cakes are cooking, in a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and sriracha. Set aside.
- For salsa verde, mix your parsley, garlic, lemon juice, olive and salt until incorporated. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer and add the eggs. Cook for about 3 minutes until the whites are cooked and yolk is soft. Carefully pull from the water and set aside.
- Lastly, you will assemble the sandwich. Smear the mayonnaise on the bottom of the bun, then layer the lettuce, tomato, crab cake, salsa verde on top. Lastly, lay the poached egg on top and cover it with the other side of the bun.
- Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!